Contract Azure Architect job based in Edison, NJ
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalency (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline)
- Minimum of 8+ years experiences in infrastructure technologies
- Minimum of that 3+ year in an infrastructure architecture role in areas like but not limited to hosting, storage, network, VMware, tools and application platforms (Share Point, Oracle, SAP, CRM, ERP)
- Minimum of that 3+ year Experience with any of the following: Azure, Cloud IaaS/PaaS, O365, Cloud Integration etc.
- MS Azure Hosting, AD, SAML/Federation, Azure security, Encryption at rest, Encryption in transit.
- Experience in developing leading-edge technical solutions in Microsoft platform based on industry standards including Windows OS and MS SQL, Business Intelligence (BI), and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Experience with BI / Reporting using SSRS, SSAS and SSIS
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture(SOA) and Service Architecture
- Experience facilitating meetings with multiple customers and technical staff, including building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary.
- Experience overseeing (from a technical perspective) multiple projects
- Technical Requirements:
- Extensive, real-world experience designing infrastructure components for enterprise solutions and defining solution architectures and reference architectures
- Experience building and supporting mission critical infrastructure for critical applications, running in a highly distributed manner.
- Experience with multi-tier system development for large enterprises
- Exposure to infrastructure and application security technologies and approaches
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends and standards
- Experience in development lifecycle management
- Experience in project and task planning
- Familiarity with various requirements gathering techniques
- One of the following additional certification will support the required technology understanding to perform this role:
- TOGAF, ITIL, MCSE, CCNA, PMP etc.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Architecture solutions to meet functional and non-functional infrastructure requirements
- Create / review of architecture design packages
- Review and approve engineering design packages
- Ensure proper oversight for quality assurance of engineering artifacts
- Guidance of engineering staff throughout construction phase
- Evangelize re-use through implementation of shared engineering assets
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Proactively provide feedback regarding infrastructure engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices
- Minimize technical exposure and risk on projects
- Understands the art of the possible, compares various architectural options based on feasibility and impact and proposes actionable plans
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and operate at different levels of abstraction
- Ability to balance what is strategically right with what is practically realistic
- Is part of a global Enterprise Infrastructure Architecture team; works with project managers, infrastructure engineering teams, application architects and/or engineering teams to resolve issues which arise within project; drives project’s progress and critical success factors.
- Works under supervision of the Team Lead of the Enterprise Infrastructure Solution Architecture team
10 total views, 1 today