Contract Data Modeler Based in Boston, MA
The Senior Software Engineer – Data is responsible for design, development and maintenance of our Data and Integration platforms.
Responsibilities, Duties, and Accountabilities:
- Designing and developing architectures for intake, curation, organization, and dissemination of data in support of Data Engineering and Analytics projects.
- Develop ETL applications to move/integrate data between operational systems and data warehouse/BI systems. Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with these applications in the production environment. Perform production deployments.
- Provides subject matter expertise in addressing projects and issues that encompass a wide range of internal and external systems (Core banking, Wealth, Data Warehousing), components, and processes
- Work closely with business stakeholders and other engineering teams to research technical requirements and resolve issues
- Ensure the quality, completeness, security, privacy, and integrity of data throughout the data lifecycle
- Implement code changes, Conduct SQL Code Reviews and Maintain and improve existing database objects
- Leverages industry best practices in ETL, data models, query optimizations & analytics; share same with team.
- Develop, test, and maintain user-facing semantic layers, i.e. cubes, models. Provide production support and troubleshooting as needed
- 7+years’ Application Development/Engineering experience across a diverse technology base. Demonstrated understanding and successful application of proven database design principles such as: requirements analysis, data normalization, data modeling, risk management and quality assurance and for both On-line Transaction Processing (OLTP) and On-line Analytical Processes (OLAP) database systems.
- 5+years’ experience with Microsoft ETL and business intelligence technologies including but not limited to SQL Server database, SSIS SSRS and SSAS
- Strong direct Data Modeling experience using Relational, Dimensional and other approaches related to NoSQL databases.
- 7+years’ experience with relational databases (SQL server, Oracle), star schemas, exposure to NoSQL database technologies, Big Data Platforms like Hadoop or Cloud services like HDInsight
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS and Tableau is a plus
- Financial Services experience is a plus
38 total views, 1 today