Contract DevOps Engineer Job Based in Princeton, NJ
Experience working in a Java environment is must ( does not need to have Java Development experience)
- The Software Deployment Engineer will build, release and deploy applications in a fast-paced, web-based application environment.
- The Software Deployment Engineer will assist in development, production application support and will lead existing build and release processes.
- Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Builds and deploys Web Applications in a clustered and load balanced N-Tier infrastructure into staging and production environments.
- Assists in diagnosing and solving production issues.
- Provides guidance to ensure that deployment plans follow best practices and avoid pitfalls to ensure successful deployment.
- Responsible for software configuration management (SCM) and software source control systems.
- Monitors application and server status in support of software deployments.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of software development technologies (Java/J2EE, HTML)
- Strong Unix skills. Shell scripting is must.
- Working experiences with tools like WinSCP and Putty
- Knowledge on Internet/File protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, FTP etc.
- Knowledge of SVN, Clearcase or other major version control tools
- Experience in Ant and Maven build technologies
- Hands on application deployment experience
- Working knowledge of Networking and network topologies such as routers, firewalls
- Knowledge of Oracle and SQL, able to write complex queries.
- Working knowledge on Apache (mod_jk, Load balancers and SSL)
- Working experience with JBoss application server such as setting up the cluster environment.
- Ability to work closely with engineering and infrastructure teams
- Hands on Java coding experience is important
- Experience with continuous Integration tools such as Hudson or Jenkins.
18 total views, 1 today