Contract Hadoop Admin Job based in Bentonville, AR
Mandatory Technical Skills
- Hadoop admin responsibilities include – deploying a hadoop cluster, maintaining a hadoop cluster, adding and removing nodes using cluster monitoring tools, configuring the NameNode high availability and keeping a track of all the running hadoop jobs.
- Implementing, managing and administering the overall hadoop infrastructure.
- Takes care of the day-to-day running of Hadoop clusters
- Will have to work closely with the database team, network team, BI team and application teams to make sure that all the big data applications are highly available and performing as expected.
- Hadoop admin is responsible for capacity planning and estimating the requirements for lowering or increasing the capacity of the hadoop cluster.
- Hadoop admin is also responsible for deciding the size of the hadoop cluster based on the data to be stored in HDFS.
- Ensure that the hadoop cluster is up and running all the time.
- Monitoring the cluster connectivity and performance.
- Manage and review Hadoop log files.
- Backup and recovery tasks
- Resource and security management
- Troubleshooting application errors and ensuring that they do not occur again.
31 total views, 1 today