Contract MS SQL Server Database Administrator
Database Administrator to assist in the following efforts under direction of FTEs. Responsibilities will include running queries and performing tasks requested by the support team based on access, Performance tuning of SQL queries, SQL code reviews, and SQL code deployment. Management of automated tasks (Data updates, Backups and Database maintenance). Candidate will need to be capable of designing, coding, and maintenance of support tools. Also, database level development/maintenance (including Partitioning, Patching and Server upgrades). Candidate should have good communication (verbal & written) skills and will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. 4-6 years of experience in a systems quality environment required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
• Production Support Team supporting legacy application outsourced from Bridgewater back office operations.
• Group is still supporting legacy application and infrastructure that supports it. Built application is targeted to go into place 1st quarter of 2020. End of life stage on project, not much new development.
• Microsoft SQL Server (various versions). No Oracle.
• Must have experience with replication and mirroring, SSIS and SSRS and Windows infrastructure.
• Strong performance tuning, database tuning and maintenance experience required.
• Production support experience needed vs developer.
• Assisting with backup and recovery, SQL code reviews, etc. Important that resource can take advice and diagnose problem.
• Support/advisory role.
• 5+ years of experience (7-8 years ideal).
• Ideally based in metro NYC/NJ/CT – will start as remote.
• 24×7 role (on call rotation in event of problem)
How to ApplyPlease share resume at email@example.com
38 total views, 1 today