Full-Time Mulesoft Developer Based in Boston, MA
The Senior Software Engineer focused on Mulesoft and API layer has design, development, and maintenance responsibility for the firms API layer. This position will be a lead role, directly impacting the API layer design and implementation of the firm. The position provides exposure to many business units in a dynamic financial services firm. This role requires direct interaction with end users and excellent analytical and communication skills.
Responsibilities, Duties, and Accountabilities:
- Partner with Architecture to define and design an API layer for the firm to support data access and integration needs of our systems and business units that are scalable and built to industry best practices.
- Design, build, unit test, and maintain services within the API layer.
- Define, develop, and enforce all standards for API layer design, development, unit testing, and deployment.
- Align all architecture and design decisions with Boston Private’s Architecture guidelines and standards.
- Drives process improvement changes to ensure high productivity and quality of services provided.
- Maintain high-level familiarity with other IT system/business application capabilities in order to make recommendations about potential upstream/downstream integration or functionality.
- Partner with Architecture and Data Management to understand current and future strategies and objectives.
- Define and enforce strict release management protocols, leveraging DevOps best practices, are followed and environments are kept up-to-date.
- 8+ years of experience with implementing service-oriented architecture (SOA) and enterprise application integration (EAI) using technologies like MuleSoft, Dell Boomi, webMethods, or TIBCO etc.
- B.S in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in building API and service layers.
- Designs and develops ESB/SOA/BPM middleware layers using tools like Mulesoft, ServiceMix, webMethods, TIBCO and J2EE concepts.
- Documents design specifications, troubleshoots and testing.
- Actively involved with requirement definition and analysis.
- Work closely with functional leads, product managers, and business analysts to understand integration requirements.
- Suggests innovative solutions to business problems/ processes that leverage technology to provide marketing differentiation, performance improvements, and better user experiences.
- Interacts well with other technical team leaders such as architects, testing, analysts, and release managers as a lead member of the development team in order to accomplish the business goal.
- Strong experience in XML, XSD, XSLT, SOAP/REST and web services.
- Solid understanding of the design patterns.
- Strong mentoring skills with excellent communication, collaboration, and problem solving capabilities.
- Self-motivated with exceptional follow-through
- Ability to independently prioritize and complete tasks in a structured manner
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills with the ability to work and deliver under tight deadlines
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Development stack (ASP.NET Core, C#) preferred.
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) preferred.
- Experience in financial services is highly desired.
- Experience with modern software frameworks and repositories such as TFS, SVN and GitHub is preferred.
35 total views, 1 today