Contract Node.js Developer (Back-End) Job Based in Minneapolis, MN
Role: Node.JS Developer (Back-End)
Location: Minneapolis Downtown, MN
Duration: 12+ Months
An Expert Application Developer is a technical expert in developing, coding, testing and debugging new software or making significant improvements to existing software. Experience and expertise must be significant to support the software design phases.
The expert Application Developer could be responsible for overall design, development and team coordination on the business system/application.
Communicates standards and defends technology and scoping decisions to information technology management and development teams.
Assists in resolving problems with software functionality and suggesting improvements.
Significant independent judgment is used with little to no direction given by supervisor. May act as a team leader on projects.
- Architect, design and implement solutions that meet the stakeholder’s needs
- Participate actively in requirements gathering, data modeling and design sessions
- Prepare high level and detailed technical specifications for the projects in accordance with PLC, security and architecture documentation objectives
- Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project
- Develop, code, document and execute unit tests, systems, integration and acceptance tests and testing tools for functions of high complexity
- Write, test and maintain detailed programs according to specifications given by computer software engineers and systems analysts
- Provide input and coordinates with Database Analyst in creating new and modifying existing database structures using different types of databases
- Conceive, design and test logical structures for solving technical problems
- Participate in walkthrough reviews of all technical specifications, programs and unit test plans
- Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions
- Provides consulting services on new and existing initiatives
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science
- 7+ years application development experience
- 7 years’ experience in application development in the Financial Services industry
- 7+ years of full development life cycle experience, from architecture through test and deployment and cross platform skills
Skills and Competencies:
- Able to learn new programming languages quickly and efficiently
- Ability to communicate ideas and take on board the ideas of others
- Knowledge of business line and ability to produce high quality results – would be an asset
- Ability to seek improvements to all aspects of development process
- Knowledge in computing in general and ability to apply outside knowledge to our work – would be an asset
- Can deal with ambiguity and manage requests for change
- Comfortable in high pressure, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to adapt quickly; function independently when required
- Ability to work effectively with people from outside the IT team
- Creative thinker, breakthrough innovative, ‘out of the box’ thinker
- Ability to learn new things and ask good questions
- Team player, cooperative with good interpersonal skills
Additional Request Comments:
- We are looking for a Node.js Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
- Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it (express)
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
31 total views, 1 today