Contract Performance Architect Based in Woodbridge, NJ
This role of Performance Architect that is part tester – executing performance tests and doing root cause analysis and part developer – developing performance, stability and scalability.
This position will lead performance discipline throughout software development lifecycle to analyze business requirements and customer preferences, and recommend best performance practices in working with various scrum delivery teams.
As a Performance Test Architect, you are someone who is passionate about innovative technology – specifically performance engineering tools, performance profiling, web/mobile and database performance real-time monitoring and tools. Love being hands on and eager to demonstrate a clear path of services adoption to your partners with demos, presentations, and prototypes? Do you have a motivation to drive Performance Test automation and self-service culture as a part of software delivery practices? Can you scale your communication to articulate application performance metrics and issues starting from engineers to delivery managers to product managers? We are looking for someone who loves a good challenge and can work collaboratively.
- Ensure quality for our customers by validating Performance, Stability, Scalability, and Reliability for all of our scrum initiatives
- Ensure validations are in place for the proper level of instrumentation and monitoring to proactively detect performance and scalability issues?
- Design and Develop automated Performance, Stability, Scalability, and Reliability tests
- Discover thresholds and data impact on delivery
- Participate in the constant improvement of our Performance Test Automation practices
- Architect and develop in-house owned customized tools to facilitate and enhance Performance Testing
- Debug, troubleshoot, and work with team members to find and fix software defects
- Testing at the System, Sub-System, and Component level
- Create reports that describe detected defects and possible causes
- Gain a technical and functional understanding of our product architecture and become part of the ongoing improvement of the performance of our enterprise application
- Work proactively with members of an Delivery team to find and fix defects in our product architecture
- Analyze defects / test results and be able to deduct the chain of events leading to a failure
- Write SQL code as part of data setup, in order to conduct performance tests
- Communicate critical issues and status updates in a timely manner to Delivery teams
- Minimum 8 years’ experience focused on Performance Testing, with a minimum 3 years leading a team
- Tenacity to take each performance issue as far as possible, often to the point of being able to suggest a fix
- Entrepreneurial spirit to get great things done for the team and the business
- Min 8 years’ experience using automated test tools for Functional and/or Performance, Stability, Scalability, and Reliability testing using LoadRunner, WebTest, JMeter, or others
- Experience leveraging existing test configuration and running in a cloud environment
- Min 3 years of object oriented programming experience with Java
- Min 3 years SQL experience and an ability to write intermediate to complex SQL code
- Provides architecture and application design that ensures scalability and minimizes performance issues.
- Responsible for capacity estimation/planning, modeling, monitoring, analyzing and recommending solutions to performance problems with enterprise business applications.
- Plan and manage deliverables for: performance diagnostic, capacity planning, performance architecture design, performance tuning, and performance monitoring.
- Conduct system performance and stress testing, analyze test results and suggest action plans.
- Analyzes competitive products and technologies and makes appropriate suggestions (may use demos, POCs) to influence product / technology direction
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Hands on Experience in designing various Performance Framework
61 total views, 1 today