Contract QA Lead Job based in Woodbridge, NJ
Position: QA Lead
Duration: Long Term
Location: Woodbridge, NJ
Interview Process: Phone and In person
- Develop Quality Management plans and overall quality test strategy for each sprint and feature release, review test plans and conduct peer reviews of plans & test cases.
- Work with Product owners to ensure business requirements are adequate & ensure test cases are developed according to standards for both manual and automated test strategies
- Assist in determining appropriate test environments & manage teams as appropriate
- Help prioritize defects with understanding of the business requirements and customer needs
- Coordinate and execute the testing efforts across all digital channels including mobile and desktop
- Providing test estimates to Scrum Masters and Development leads in preparation of the delivery timelines for sprint / release
- Update Quality Tools with requirement traceability, test cases, test sets, and defects according to QA standards & report status on the QE review report
- Troubleshoot and debug with ability to analyze logs
- Write SQL queries and debug automation scripts.
- Hands on test creation and execution of user stories (Smoke, Functional Integration, Regression testing) and logging defects
- Engage Product owners and Development Leads in defect resolution & Lead defect review calls.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts within the QE organization & Research and evaluate new testing technologies and tools
- Assist Testing CoE units for non-functional QE phases (Performance, Security, Accessibility)
- Accountable for ensuring that NF phase testing aligns with overall project test strategy within defined quality standards.
- Provide guidance around quality testing strategies, proactive governance, and risk management for overall quality delivery of platform applications.
- Work collaboratively across scrums teams and testing team for our partner BUs to ensure success by applying best practice principals, and techniques.
- Handle Quality Audits and respond to the compliance reports.
- 7+ years overall experience with quality test execution and control of all aspects of testing and comprehensive regression testing before any changes are released to the Production environment
- Expertise in web-based and Mobile testing; knowledge of J2EE applications testing
- Experience with testing RESTful micro-services architecture on the cloud and SQL queries for RDBMS
- Ability to work through problems and reach win-win solutions
- Solid understanding of software quality management principles (tracking, analyzing, reporting, problem resolution and training).
- Big-picture orientation with the ability to work at the detail level when needed
- Working with external vendors and offshore teams to ensure high quality products are delivered
- Strong working knowledge of test automation processes, concepts, and tools such as protractor framework, TypeScript, cucumber, Selenium, TestNG, Jmeter, FitNesse, Postman.
- Experience with multiple development methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, and Hybrid) & different tools (HP-ALM, JIRA, Confluence )
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with CI/CD framework and RESTful API automation preferred
- working experience with Jenkins, Load/Performance Tools, and API testing tools is a huge plusExperience with cloud based continuous integration, cross-browser tools (e.g., Sauce Labs, Browser Stack, etc.)
- Motivated and driven to continuously improve and learn by trying new test automation tools, processes, or methodologies.
- Robust familiarity with Open Source tools
- Knowledge of Salesforce service and sales cloud preferred
- Past experience as a software Engineer preferred.
33 total views, 1 today