Contract Sr. QA Automated Engineer
Financial industry experience will be a huge plus.
- The Senior QA engineer primary focus will on automation and process efficiency.
- Work products produced (test plans, test cases, etc.) must be of such quality that they can be used as examples for QA Engineers.
Over time the QA Engineer is responsible for building technical expertise in our applications.
- Experience in an agile environment is strongly preferred.
Another responsibility of this position may be asked to ensure adequate testing of development code prior to release to production.
- The Senior QA Engineer will work with the QA Specialist and mentor other QA Engineers.
- The Senior QA Engineer will join QA Specialist in interfacing with EPM staff as well as CTO staff.
The focus of the Senior QA Engineer will be to build technical expertise in our applications.
- The ability to build technical relationships with Application Development staff is a strong requirement for this position.
Lead the creation of test plans – including technical and business requirements
- Identify risks and prepare mitigation plans
- Assist QA and Release Specialist in preparing implementation timelines
- Develop Test Data Strategy
- Assist QA Specialist in determining appropriate test environments
- Work with business analysts to ensure business requirements are adequate
- Create test cases according to standards – manual and automated
- Perform problem solving and root cause analysis when defects occur
- Update Quality Center according to standard
- Engage Application Development in defect resolution
- Participate on continuous improvement efforts within the QA organization
- Support and provide constructive feedback on existing processes and standards
- Research and evaluate new testing technologies and tools
- Become technically competent in the technologies used by Application Development organizations
- Evaluate and recommend process or technical changes to partner organizations
- Offer technical guidance to QA Engineers
- Play leadership role during test plan and test case reviews, providing direct feedback to Quality Engineers and offshore testing team members
- Use positive influence to engage EPM and business partners
- Provide guidance around automation strategies, working with the QA Specialist and Application Development
- 4 year College Degree Required.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience (academic or direct experience, including best practices) in the IT field
- Must have 4+ years’ experience using Selenium
- Preferable have experience from a financial services organization, preferably wealth management or investment trading.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of product lifecycles as well as how technical systems work and interact
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving/decision making skills
- Must be very detail oriented
- Must have minimum 2+ years’ experience in Windows, LINUX, UNIX, JAVA, Web Services, SQL Server
- Should be familiar with C++, InterSystems CACHE, Oracle, , HTML, XML
- Must have minimum 2+ years’ experience in Automation tools – UFT, Selenium, JUnit, Soap UI
- Knowledge of financial markets/operations background
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, team player
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to resolve issues In a timely manner
- Ability to prioritize workload in an efficient manner
- Effective listening skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as independently with minimal error and guidance
- Sense of urgency and commitment to providing the best support possible to both internal and external clients
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization well as solid facilitation skills
- Must be able to act in a SME role for various projects and initiatives
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing small-to-medium sized projects
How to ApplyApply resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
19 total views, 1 today